Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
Reseda, California — Another tournament on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) and another title for HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria! Her win at the California event extends her record breaking consecutive tournament winning streak to 32.
Longoria last lost in May 2011 and her streak now includes 28 LPRT Grand Slam and Tier One events, with four of the streak’s wins coming in satellite events. With the five matches won in Reseda, her consecutive match streak now sits at 129. The tournament win in Reseda was Paola’s 48th of her professional career.
HEAD Penn’s Maria Jose Vargas reached the semifinals of the Reseda event, her seventh tournament in a row reaching the semifinals or better.
Next up for Longoria and many of the world’s top players is the Pan American Racquetball Championships in Santa Cruz, Bolivia in mid-April. Paola is a five-time winner of this international event and two-time defending champion.
To follow Paola, Maria, and the rest of the HEAD Penn professional players, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- 8th FISU World University Squash Championship
- Isner joins forces with RAPIDFORCE
- Dover Squash & Fitness partners with MIT
- USPTA recognizes industry leaders
- Gamma hires Merritt
- ITHF presents Racquets & Fashion
- PTR reaches 15,000 member mark
- Mount Sinai shares healthy menu tips
- Raonic clinches US Open series
- Mount Sinai shares sun tips