Longoria continues her perfect season
San Antonio — The Battle of the Alamo tournament was the 11th stop on the 2013-2014 Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) and for the 11th time this season HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria came away as the winner. Her win in the Lone Star State pushes her consecutive tournament winning streak to 33, which reaches back to May 2011.
Paola dropped the first two games of the final in San Antonio, but rallied to win the next three games, the match, and the tournament. Longoria’s consecutive match winning streak on the LPRT is now at 133. The Battle of Alamo title is Paola’s 49th of her professional career.
HEAD Penn’s Maria Jose Vargas reached the semifinals in San Antonio, her eighth tournament in a row reaching the semifinals or better. Last week Maria won the Gold Medal at the Pan American Racquetball Championships in Bolivia.
The LPRT season concludes next month at the Pro Nationals event in Virginia.
To follow Paola, Maria, and the rest of the HEAD Penn professional players, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USPTA HoF to induct Burwash
- Ashaway renews sponsorship of Swain
- Malaysia, Hong Kong dominate WUC Squash
- FISU WUC Badminton starts
- USTA partners in Laver Cup
- Hunt named CMO at Universal Tennis
- Hainline to receive achievement award
- PHIT grants gets kids active
- FISU World Championship starts
- New T-Fight from Tecnifibre