Vargas wins Pan American RB Championships
Santa Cruz, Bolivia — HEAD Penn’s Maria Jose Vargas became the first female player from Bolivia to win the Pan American Racquetball Championships while playing on the courts in her home town and country last weekend. The title is the first adult championship for the 21-year-old on the international stage. In 2012, Vargas won the 18 & Under Division at the International Racquetball Federation’s World Junior Championships.
In her first full year on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT), Maria has jetted up the rankings to her current spot at No. 3. In seven of the events on the LPRT this season, Vargas has reached the semifinals or better, including a finals appearance at the Miami event last month. In addition to her Gold Medal in Women’s Singles, Vargas earned a Silver Medal in Women’s Doubles over the weekend in Bolivia.
To follow Maria, and the rest of the HEAD Penn professional players, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USTA and Deloitte announce relationship
- The Bay Club to honor Patel
- USTA names Mahoney to new position
- Pant named National Director at Life Time
- Ashaway SuperNick ZX Micro
- USPTA and SportMaster unite
- Anderson receives Service Award
- HEAD Penn to partner with Cliff Drysdale
- USTA NE names official travel partner
- Ivanovic joins Playsight