Vargas wins Pan American RB Championships
Santa Cruz, Bolivia — HEAD Penn’s Maria Jose Vargas became the first female player from Bolivia to win the Pan American Racquetball Championships while playing on the courts in her home town and country last weekend. The title is the first adult championship for the 21-year-old on the international stage. In 2012, Vargas won the 18 & Under Division at the International Racquetball Federation’s World Junior Championships.
In her first full year on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT), Maria has jetted up the rankings to her current spot at No. 3. In seven of the events on the LPRT this season, Vargas has reached the semifinals or better, including a finals appearance at the Miami event last month. In addition to her Gold Medal in Women’s Singles, Vargas earned a Silver Medal in Women’s Doubles over the weekend in Bolivia.
To follow Maria, and the rest of the HEAD Penn professional players, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USPTA renews partnership with Rezilient
- Tennis Channel championship run-up
- Gaultier defeats Shabana
- Head Penn players dominate pro racquetball
- Gaultier and Shabana to meet in the final
- Shabana, Barker advance to semis
- Gaultier, Rodriguez advance to semis
- NetSuite Open QFs set
- NetSuite Open to benefit SquashDrive
- Community Tennis Day at Sea Colony