Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) presented its annual awards last week during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, was held February 20-23 on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Jackie Esguerra, of Madison, Wisconsin, has been named PTR Member of the Year for the State. This award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
Esguerra is the Director of Junior Development and Performance Tennis Programs at the John Powless Tennis Center. She has earned the Professional rating in all four PTR education pathways: 10 & Under, 11 to 17, Performance and Adult Development. She also holds a certification in Instructing Wheelchair Tennis. An advocate for education and professional development, Esguerra has hosed PTR Certification Workshops so others can learn to teach the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Easter Bowl coming to Indian Wells
- USTA and Head Penn renew partnership
- Snodgrass partners with TIA
- First for real-time biometric data
- Tickets available for Fed Cup semifinal
- TennisClub.com partners with TIA
- Berger to step down at USTA
- Tennis Channel adds 7.8M Nielsen homes
- Oracle unveils awards for young pros
- Spotlight shines on tennis visionaries