Longoria wins 30th consecutive pro event
Warren, New Jersey — HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria’s domination of the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) rolled on at the New Jersey Open this weekend. The event featured 19 of the top 20 ranked players on the LPRT, yet Longoria dominated the field only dropping a single game in the entire tournament.
The win in New Jersey is Longoria’s 30th consecutive tournament victory on the LPRT. Her consecutive match winning streak now stands at 120 after her success in the Garden State.
HEAD Penn’s Maria Jose Vargas, currently ranked the No. 3 player in the world, reached the semifinals of the New Jersey Open.
On the International Racquetball Tour (men’s tour) this weekend, HEAD Penn’s Rocky Carson reached the finals of the Spring Break ProAm in Tampa, Florida. Tony Carson, no relation to Rocky, made it to the semifinals in Florida. Rocky is the No. 2 ranked player in the world, while Tony sits at No. 8.
To follow Paola, Maria, Rocky, Tony and the rest of the HEAD Penn professional players, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Easter Bowl coming to Indian Wells
- USTA and Head Penn renew partnership
- Snodgrass partners with TIA
- First for real-time biometric data
- Tickets available for Fed Cup semifinal
- TennisClub.com partners with TIA
- Berger to step down at USTA
- Tennis Channel adds 7.8M Nielsen homes
- Oracle unveils awards for young pros
- Spotlight shines on tennis visionaries