Longoria continues win streak
MIAMI — HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria won her 31st consecutive tournament on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) in winning the Great Balls of Fire event in Southern Florida. Paola cruised through the draw winning four matches in the tournament to push her consecutive match winning streak to 124.
In the Miami final, Longoria faced off against fellow HEAD Penn player Maria Jose Vargas. Maria is currently ranked No. 3 in the world and her finish in Florida was her sixth tournament in a row reaching the semifinals or better. Also in the draw at the Great Balls of Fire event was HEAD Penn junior sensation Jordan Cooperrider. In Miami, Jordan upset the No. 6 ranked player in the world in the tournament’s first round. Just weeks before, Cooperrider won her second consecutive Florida State Singles Championship in the Women’s Open Division.
Both Longoria and fifteen-year-old Cooperrider are coached by legendary racquetball mastermind and HEAD Penn National Promotions Coordinator Fran Davis.
To follow Paola, Maria, Jordan, Fran and the rest of the HEAD Penn professional players, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Adams to repeat as USTA president
- Groppel named Tennis Industry advisor
- HEAD launches new Speed racquets
- ATP Media revamps streaming platform
- USPTA HoF to induct Burwash
- Ashaway renews sponsorship of Swain
- Malaysia, Hong Kong dominate WUC Squash
- FISU WUC Badminton starts
- USTA partners in Laver Cup
- Hunt named CMO at Universal Tennis