U.S. to host France in Fed Cup
The U.S. will host France in the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group Playoffs April 19-20 at a site to be determined. The draw for the World Group Playoffs was held today at the International Tennis Federation offices in London.
The United States is seeded third and, since France hosted the last meeting between the two nations, in the 2010 World Group Quarterfinals, the U.S. will have its choice of location and court surface, all of which will be announced a later date.
Winners in the World Group Playoffs will re-enter the World Group to compete for the Fed Cup title in 2015, while losers drop down to the World Group II. The U.S. is 11-1 all-time against France, the lone defeat coming in the 2003 World Group Final in Moscow, Russia.
For more information, contact Tim Curry (email@example.com) or Amanda Korba (firstname.lastname@example.org).
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Top industry execs at NYC forum
- Kasatkina extends contract with Tecnifibre
- ITA HoF to induct four
- Collins, Shane headline Invitational
- Free tennis clinic in Central Park
- Academia Sánchez-Casal int’l program
- Harrison and Gibbs named MVPs
- TIA HoF to induct Scott & Kraft
- TIA tennis forum in NYC
- HEAD Penn grassroots partnership