Mills named PTR IL Member of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) presented its annual awards Thursday during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, is being held February 20-23 on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Lori Mills, of Elmhurst, Illinois, has been named PTR Member of the Year for the State. This award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
Mills’ vision and mission is to grow the lifetime sport of tennis by helping others develop a love of the sport and by promoting professionalism in the industry. As an advocate for professional development and continuing education, Mills has become certified in two of PTR education pathways. Over the years, she has hosted many PTR Certification Workshops at Wheaton Sport Center so others can learn to teach the game of tennis.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,600 members in 121 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
Photo: PTR President Jorge Andrew with Mills
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Fowler wins 2015 'Tennis Media Award'
- Drysdale Tennis launches foundation
- TV coverage of the clay-court season
- 'Try Tennis Free' campaign seeks growth
- Increase in hybrids driven by 'poly pain'
- USTA breaks ground in Lake Nona
- Team USA honors renowned coaches
- Blackman new GM, USTA Player Development
- Djokovic captures 5th Miami title
- Nominate an outstanding facility