Longoria captures titles
Tijuana, Mexico — HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria doubled up over the weekend when she captured the Mexican National Championships in both Women’s Singles and Women’s Doubles. With the victories, Longoria earns an automatic appointment to the Mexican National Racquetball Team for this year’s Pan American Championships to be held in April in Bolivia and the World Championships that will take place in June in Canada.
On the international stage, Paola is the defending singles and doubles World Champion and holds 11 career global gold medals. On the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT), Longoria is in the midst of a 112 consecutive match winning streak and 28 consecutive tournament victory streak. Paola has not lost a match internationally or on the professional tour since May of 2011.
Longoria’s next appearance will be at the LPRT event in Overland Park, Kansas later this month.
To follow Paola and the rest of the HEAD Penn professional players, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Zero Poly tennis strings from Ashaway
- Fritz signs with Head long-term
- Blatchford seals win in Windy City Open
- ElShorbagy wins Windy City Open
- Tecnifibre at the Delray Beach Open
- Wounded Warrior Tennis Camp set
- Groppel receives PTR/TIA award
- Adams named PTR Pro of the Year
- PTR honors Haynie
- USPTA renews partnership with TGA