VanHaitsma named PTR MI Member of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) presented its annual awards last week, during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, was held on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Kevin VanHaitsma, of Grand Rapids, Michigan, has been named PTR Member of the Year for the State. This award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
VanHaitsma has earned the Professional rating in three of the four PTR education pathways: 10 & Under, Performance and Adult Development, for which he also serves the organization as a Clinician and Tester. He has hosted several PTR 10 and Under Tennis workshops, so others can learn to teach to this age group. In November, he hosted the first PTR Performance Certification workshop in Michigan. He has been a presenter at the PTR International Tennis Symposium, and has written for TennisPro, the official publication for PTR tennis teachers and coaches around the world. Also a USPTA Elite Professional, VanHaitsma is the Head Women’s Tennis Coach at his alma mater Calvin College, where he played #1 Singles and Doubles for three of his four years.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Tennibot wins TIA Innovation Challenge
- Easter Bowl coming to Indian Wells
- USTA and Head Penn renew partnership
- Snodgrass partners with TIA
- First for real-time biometric data
- Tickets available for Fed Cup semifinal
- TennisClub.com partners with TIA
- Berger to step down at USTA
- Tennis Channel adds 7.8M Nielsen homes
- Oracle unveils awards for young pros