VanHaitsma named PTR MI Member of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) presented its annual awards last week, during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, was held on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Kevin VanHaitsma, of Grand Rapids, Michigan, has been named PTR Member of the Year for the State. This award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
VanHaitsma has earned the Professional rating in three of the four PTR education pathways: 10 & Under, Performance and Adult Development, for which he also serves the organization as a Clinician and Tester. He has hosted several PTR 10 and Under Tennis workshops, so others can learn to teach to this age group. In November, he hosted the first PTR Performance Certification workshop in Michigan. He has been a presenter at the PTR International Tennis Symposium, and has written for TennisPro, the official publication for PTR tennis teachers and coaches around the world. Also a USPTA Elite Professional, VanHaitsma is the Head Women’s Tennis Coach at his alma mater Calvin College, where he played #1 Singles and Doubles for three of his four years.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Istomin wins first ATP title
- WTT poised for growth, says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- MonoGut ZX Black offers versatility and playability
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- El Shorbagy, World Number 1
- Tennis Channel launches Racquet Bracket
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award