Theos named PTR AL Member of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will present its annual awards next week during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, is being held February 20-23 on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Kevin Theos, of Birmingham, Alabama, has been named PTR Member of the Year for the State. This award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
Theos serves the USTA as the Tennis Service Representative for Alabama. Although he has been a PTR member for only two years, Theos has been instrumental in the recent growth of the organization’s membership in Alabama. He is a PTR certified Professional in Adult Development, and a strong advocate for education and professional development for tennis teachers and coaches.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,600 members in 121 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Hingis featured in new PSA for ITHF
- US Open qualies set attendance record
- Discover your game with Babolat POP
- Ginepri announces his retirement
- US Open's dining and culinary offerings
- AMEX renews US Open sponsorship
- 2015 NJTL contest winners
- PGA TOUR Superstore announces 14 MRTs
- HEAD continues AIDS fight
- WTA tournament to benefit veterans