Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) presented its annual awards last week during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, was held on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Julio Godreau, of Madison, Mississippi, has been named PTR Member of the Year for the State. This award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
Godreau, a PTR member since 1995, has earned the Professional rating in Adult Development and a PTR Master of Tennis - Performance. He is also a USTA High Performance Coach. The Director of the Mississippi Tennis Academy, Godreau is an advocate for education and professional development. He has hosted PTR Certification Workshops so others can learn to teach the game. He has been a presenter at many tennis conferences, including the PTR International Symposium, where he presented in both English and Spanish. He has developed players to rankings as high as #5 in the United States. No stranger to awards, Godreau has been named USTA Southern Pro of the Year, as well as USPTA Developmental Coach of the Year and Rookie Pro of the Year.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- El-Sherbini new world number one
- YTEX sponsors Junior Open
- Carson wins Florida Pro-Am
- Another event, another win for Longoria
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition