Carson wins National Doubles Championship
Tempe, Arizona — HEAD Penn’s Rocky Carson added to his ever growing trophy case over the weekend in the Arizona desert by capturing the United States National Championship in the National Team Qualifying Division. The title is Carson’s eighth career National Doubles Title. With the win, Carson earns an appointment to the pool of American players that will be selected from for this year’s Pan American Championships to be held in April in Bolivia and the World Championships in June in Canada. On the men’s professional tour, Rocky is currently ranked as the No. 2 player in the World.
In the Men’s 45 & Over Division, HEAD Penn’s Doug Ganim captured his eighth Age Group Division National Doubles title. Ganim also holds four National Doubles Championships in the Men’s Open Division and one in the Junior Nationals, putting his career total to 13.
To follow all of the players on the HEAD Penn Team, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat tribute to Li Na
- JTCC partners with Tecnifibre
- 8th annual Wailea Tennis Fantasy Camp
- U.S. Davis Cup team fights for tournament spot
- NetSuite to name new glass squash court
- Martin joins TIA Board
- Martin elected CEO of ITHF
- New BNPPO website to enhance user experience
- Egyptians and Brits dominate FISU Squash
- Cilic hammers 17 aces in winning first major