Carson wins National Doubles Championship
Tempe, Arizona — HEAD Penn’s Rocky Carson added to his ever growing trophy case over the weekend in the Arizona desert by capturing the United States National Championship in the National Team Qualifying Division. The title is Carson’s eighth career National Doubles Title. With the win, Carson earns an appointment to the pool of American players that will be selected from for this year’s Pan American Championships to be held in April in Bolivia and the World Championships in June in Canada. On the men’s professional tour, Rocky is currently ranked as the No. 2 player in the World.
In the Men’s 45 & Over Division, HEAD Penn’s Doug Ganim captured his eighth Age Group Division National Doubles title. Ganim also holds four National Doubles Championships in the Men’s Open Division and one in the Junior Nationals, putting his career total to 13.
To follow all of the players on the HEAD Penn Team, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Federer chases Davis Cup title
- TIA partners with PAI
- MAC GM named Facility Manager of the Year
- USTA nominates Adams as chairman, CEO
- Carson wins 2nd tournament in a row
- Tennis Central announces new app
- Sukova honored with Fed Cup Award
- All-star field for WTT Smash Hits in London
- ProWorld and Tecnifibre announce partnership
- Tennis Channel hosts Fed Cup final live