Carson wins National Doubles Championship
Tempe, Arizona — HEAD Penn’s Rocky Carson added to his ever growing trophy case over the weekend in the Arizona desert by capturing the United States National Championship in the National Team Qualifying Division. The title is Carson’s eighth career National Doubles Title. With the win, Carson earns an appointment to the pool of American players that will be selected from for this year’s Pan American Championships to be held in April in Bolivia and the World Championships in June in Canada. On the men’s professional tour, Rocky is currently ranked as the No. 2 player in the World.
In the Men’s 45 & Over Division, HEAD Penn’s Doug Ganim captured his eighth Age Group Division National Doubles title. Ganim also holds four National Doubles Championships in the Men’s Open Division and one in the Junior Nationals, putting his career total to 13.
To follow all of the players on the HEAD Penn Team, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- HEAD is new official stringing team at BNPPO
- PTR names Private Facility of the Year
- Djokovic interview in WSJ. Magazine
- BNP Paribas Showdown names official charity
- Longoria strengthens hold on top ranking
- Draws announced for PowerShares events
- Maui Jim partners with ATP
- Osei named PTR Volunteer of the Year
- Adams receives PTR/USTA award
- Capestany receives PTR/TIA award