Breag named PTR Clinician of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) presented its annual awards last week during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, was held February 20-23 on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Daniel Breag, of Saint Marys, Georgia, has been named PTR Clinician of the Year.
In his unending quest for professional development, Breag has acquired certifications in three of PTR’s four education pathways. He is a graduate of the PTR Master of Tennis - Performance program, and serves the organization as a Clinician and Tester in 11 to 17. Breag is also a USRSA Master Racquet Technician, and has a Masters degree in Educational Administration.
He has been an elementary Physical Education teacher and high school tennis coach in Georgia’s Camden County Schools for the past 16 years. He understands students, in part because he was a junior tennis player in Great Britain, and an NJCAA Division II All-American doubles player in college. His highest National Junior College Singles ranking was #4. Daniel cares deeply about each of his students in their pursuit of education. As a PTR Clinician, he shares his expertise with aspiring tennis coaches with the same professional approach and passion.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USTA forges medical partnership
- TIA partners with Sports Club Advisors
- Ashaway ZyMax Fire sparks global appeal
- Selmi honored by ITHF and ITF
- Comprehensive RG coverage from Tennis Channel
- Young Guns Contest Season 2
- Murray celebrates birthday with masters title
- Serena's major wins to be aired back-to-back
- Celebrate Int’l. Coaches Week
- Wireless headphones for Roland–Garros