PTR names Public Facility of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will present its annual awards February 20 during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, is being held on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Hawaii’s Central Oahu Regional Park has been named PTR Public Facility of the Year. Also known as CORP, the park is operated by the City and County of Honolulu. USTA Hawaii Pacific Section ‘adopted’ CORP through the Adopt a Park Program.
USTA Hawaii Pacific helps maintain the tennis center and purchases supplies and equipment for it. Their current project is to replace the windscreens on all 20 courts. CORP programs include: adult leagues and tournaments; Junior Team Tennis; junior tournaments, including all Sectional Championships; National and Regional USTA Junior Tournaments; Pro Circuits and ITF Junior Tournaments. CORP is proud of its large Play to Learn Program (group tennis instruction for adults and youth). CORP also hosts coaches’ workshops, including the PTR Certification Workshops. In 2003, CORP was presented a USTA Facility Award. CORP is an example of how a community can successfully develop a regional park for local residents and how parks can positively contribute to the regional and state economy.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String