Morentin Named PTR AZ Member of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) presented its annual awards ysterday during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, is being held February 20-23 on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Benny Morentin, of Tucson, Arizona, has been named PTR Member of the Year for the State. This award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
A PTR member since 2008, Morentin has earned the Professional rating on three of PTR education pathways - 10 & Under, 11 to 17 and Adult Development. To ensure that others can learn to play teach the game, Morentin has hosted two very well attended PTR Certification Workshops at Tucson Country Club, where he is Head Professional.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,600 members in 121 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Annacone and Cahill join PlaySight
- Prince creates excitement at Wimbledon
- ITHF partners with ITF development program
- Presenters named for ITHF induction
- Nightly Wimbledon coverage begins June 27
- Feldman to join USTA Southern
- Longoria completes season sweep
- USTA names National Junior Scholar athletes
- IART symposium celebrates 10th anniversary
- Highest-ever viewers for French Open