USTA selects Dunlop for Davis Cup tie
Greenville, SC — Sunny San Diego, CA plays host to this week’s Davis Cup tie between the United States and Great Britain. The matches will be played at Petco Park, home of Major League Baseball’s San Diego Padres. The tie will be played on red clay, and Dunlop’s Fort Clay Court ball has been selected for use.
The Dunlop Fort Clay Court ball has a reputation for being selected for use in the top clay court events across the globe, and is currently the Official Ball of the Masters 1000 events in Monte Carlo, Rome and Madrid, as well as ATP events in Barcelona, Munich, and Oeiras, Portugal among others. The Fort Clay Court ball is also Official Ball at the WTA event in Stuttgart, Germany as well as the Family Circle Cup in Charleston, SC.
The Dunlop Fort Clay Court ball combines an HD (High Durability) Core and Clay Guard cloth technologies for superior performance. The HD Core prolongs the life of the ball from the inside, while the Clay Guard cloth is specially treated to repel clay particles ensuring a more uniform bounce point after point.
“Tour level players are familiar with the Dunlop Fort Clay Court ball because it’s been used at top tournaments around the world, so that makes it the logical choice” said Hunter Hines, Director of Marketing and Product for Dunlop Racquet Sports. “We are happy that the Dunlop Fort Clay Court has been selected for use in this important tie, and we know that it will certainly perform up to its stellar reputation.”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat continues Roland Garros partnership
- Public Tennis grants wheelchair scholarships
- USTA forges medical partnership
- TIA partners with Sports Club Advisors
- Ashaway ZyMax Fire sparks global appeal
- Selmi honored by ITHF and ITF
- Comprehensive RG coverage from Tennis Channel
- Young Guns Contest Season 2
- Murray celebrates birthday with masters title
- Serena's major wins to be aired back-to-back