TI mag, TIA Support PHIT Act, PEP Program
As the sports industry prepares for its largest lobbying day in Washington, D.C., on March 5, Tennis Industry magazine and the Tennis Industry Association are helping to support two key pieces of legislation that will help create a more active, fit and healthy America, while helping to reduce health care costs.
But we need your help. Visit phitamerica.org/Advocate/TIA.htm to send messages urging your Congress members to support the PHIT Act and the PEP Program.
The PHIT Act, when passed, will give Americans an incentive to exercise, get fit and stay healthy by using pre-tax medical accounts to reduce the cost of being physically active. For tennis players, this will mean league entry fees, camp fees, instruction programs and tennis equipment purchases will qualify.
The PEP Program helps rebuild and support physical education programs throughout the U.S. Grants are given directly from the U.S. Department of Education to local schools and community-based programs. PEP is the only money in the entire Department of Education’s budget dedicated exclusively to physical education.
More than 140 companies and organizations have joined the nonprofit PHIT America Alliance, including the USTA, TIA and many tennis equipment manufacturers. They all share the vision and goal of creating “A Movement for a Fit & Healthy America.”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Istomin wins first ATP title
- WTT poised for growth, says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- MonoGut ZX Black offers versatility and playability
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- El Shorbagy, World Number 1
- Tennis Channel launches Racquet Bracket
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award