Reno Davenport named PTR CA Member of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will present its annual awards next month during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, is being held February 20 on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Reno Davenport, of San Jose, California, has been named PTR Member of the Year for the State. This award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
Davenport has been a PTR member for more than a decade, and has earned the Professional rating in three of the four PTR education pathways: 10 & Under, 11 to 17 and Adult Development. An advocate of the game and an ambassador for PTR, Davenport has hosted numerous PTR certification workshops to educate other tennis teachers at San Jose Swim & Racquet Club where he is the Director of Tennis.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,600 members in 121 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- TIA partners with PAI
- MAC GM named Facility Manager of the Year
- USTA nominates Adams as chairman, CEO
- Carson wins 2nd tournament in a row
- Tennis Central announces new app
- Sukova honored with Fed Cup Award
- All-star field for WTT Smash Hits in London
- ProWorld and Tecnifibre announce partnership
- Tennis Channel hosts Fed Cup final live
- Blatchford wins second title in two months