Lambert named PTR Utah Member of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will present its annual awards next month during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, is being held February 20 on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Laurie Lambert, of Park City, Utah, has been named PTR Member of the Year for the State. This award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
Lambert is the Executive Director of the Utah Tennis Association, a USTA Intermountain District. A staunch believer in continuing education, she encourages tennis coaches in her area to become certified and expand their knowledge, including attending a PTR Certification Workshop held in Salt Lake last year. Practicing what she preaches, Lambert earned a PTR Professional rating in 10 & Under Tennis on PTR’s Junior Development pathway.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,600 members in 121 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String