Wallen named PTR KY Member of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will present its annual awards February 20, during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, is being held on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Joanne Wallen, of Nicholasvillle, Kentucky, has been named PTR Member of the Year for the State. This award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
Throughout her career, Wallen has been devoted to growing the sport by developing her own skills and teaching those around her. Her involvement in tennis has been multifaceted, and includes serving on Board of Directors of USTA Kentucky. She also served on USTA Southern’s Junior Competition Committee. She is a USTA Certified High Performance Specialist, working with top juniors to prepare them for competition. Wallen has also earned two Professional ratings on the PTR education pathway - 10 and Under and 11 to 17. Named PTR Newcomer of the Year in 2012, Wallen has maintained her momentum for growing the game.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,600 members in 121 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary