Smith named PTR TN Member of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will present its annual awards next month during the 2014 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 40-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, is being held February 20 on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Blain Smith, of Brentwood, Tennessee, has been named PTR Member of the Year for the State. This award is presented to a PTR member in the United States who has shown dedication and diligence in promoting and supporting tennis and PTR.
Smith is a 22 year employee of the Metro Board of Parks/Centennial Tennis Center in Nashville. He also serves on the Board of Tennis Nashville and 10 & Under Junior Competition Committee for the State. A PTR member since 1996, Smith is a strong proponent of continuing education and professional development for tennis teachers and coaches. In 2013, he was instrumental in organizing and promoting a PTR 10 & Under Certification Workshop in Nashville that grew to be one of the organization’s most well attended. Smith has earned the Professional rating in two PTR of the certification pathways: 10 & Under and Adult Development.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,600 members in 121 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary