2014 begins with another win for Longoria
Cincinnati, Ohio — HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria started the 2014 year right where she left off in 2013. She continued her record breaking win streak on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) this past weekend at the Tour for Hope event in Queen City. Longoria was able to make her way to the finals without dropping a single game!
In the championship final against Rhonda Rajsich, she dropped the first game only to win the next three in convincing fashion to capture her 28th consecutive professional tournament victory. The single game loss in the final was only Paola’s fourth of the season compared to 72 games won.
The four match wins in Cincinnati pushed Paola’s consecutive match winning streak to 112. Longoria defeated fellow HEAD Penn player, Maria Jose Vargas, in the event’s semifinals. At the Tour for Hope tournament, Vargas pushed her World Ranking to No. 3, a career best.
The LPRT will next take to the courts in Kansas City at the end of February.
To follow Paola, Maria, and the rest of the HEAD Penn racquetball team, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta