2014 begins with another win for Longoria
Cincinnati, Ohio — HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria started the 2014 year right where she left off in 2013. She continued her record breaking win streak on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) this past weekend at the Tour for Hope event in Queen City. Longoria was able to make her way to the finals without dropping a single game!
In the championship final against Rhonda Rajsich, she dropped the first game only to win the next three in convincing fashion to capture her 28th consecutive professional tournament victory. The single game loss in the final was only Paola’s fourth of the season compared to 72 games won.
The four match wins in Cincinnati pushed Paola’s consecutive match winning streak to 112. Longoria defeated fellow HEAD Penn player, Maria Jose Vargas, in the event’s semifinals. At the Tour for Hope tournament, Vargas pushed her World Ranking to No. 3, a career best.
The LPRT will next take to the courts in Kansas City at the end of February.
To follow Paola, Maria, and the rest of the HEAD Penn racquetball team, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Easter Bowl coming to Indian Wells
- Snodgrass partners with TIA
- First for real-time biometric data
- Tickets available for Fed Cup semifinal
- TennisClub.com partners with TIA
- Berger to step down at USTA
- Tennis Channel adds 7.8M Nielsen homes
- Oracle unveils awards for young pros
- Spotlight shines on tennis visionaries
- Saddleback Resort to host Fed Cup