'Match of the year' to re-air on Tennis Channel
LOS ANGELES — Tennis Channel will present the epic, five-set French Open semifinal between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic — considered by many to be the match of the year - on Friday, Dec. 13, at 8 p.m. ET., and again on Saturday, Dec. 14, at 12 p.m. ET.
Although Nadal captured his fifth consecutive French Open title with a straight-set victory over David Ferrer (6-3, 6-2, 6-3), it was his four-hour, 37-minute semifinal victory over Djokovic for which the 2013 French Open will be remembered. Just two points from a four-set triumph, Nadal uncharacteristically faltered and lost the set as Djokovic fought back. The fifth set lasted 16 games before Nadal would earn the 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 6-7, 9-7 victory and add to his unparalleled French Open fame.
The match originally aired live on Tennis Channel Friday, June 7.
In primetime on Saturday, Dec. 14, Tennis Channel will re-air Serena Williams’ 2013 French Open singles final victory (6-4, 6-4) over defending-champion Maria Sharapova. The championship match will begin at 8 p.m. ET.
For the first two weeks of December, Tennis Channel’s Roland Garros Redux: Paris for the Holidays is offering 175 hours of French Open-related coverage. The network’s holiday re-air presents its French Open telecast largely as it first appeared on air from May 26-June 7 (the complete schedule can be found online at tennischannel.com/schedule/).
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Head extends partnership with Stephens
- Tennis Channel adds on-air talent
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year