Paola maintains her lead in hometown
Monterrey, Mexico — HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria continued her complete domination of the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) this weekend by winning her second Grand Slam event of the season at the tour’s stop in Mexico. In addition to winning the Professional Singles division, Paola captured second place in the Professional Doubles championship.
The tournament in Longoria’s hometown of Monterrey bared her name as the “Paola Longoria Invitational” and was put on by local leaders to showcase the World’s Number 1 Player in front of her hometown fans. The total prize purse for the event topped $35,000 - almost triple that of most LPRT events.
The win for Paola was her 27th consecutive professional tournament victory. She last lost on the LPRT in May of 2011, creating a span of 108 consecutive matches without a loss. The LPRT will now take a break for several weeks for the holidays and returns to the courts in Cincinnati in January.
To follow Paola and the rest of the HEAD Penn professional players, visit: facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USTA Foundation appoints new members
- Babolat continues Roland Garros partnership
- Public Tennis grants wheelchair scholarships
- USTA forges medical partnership
- TIA partners with Sports Club Advisors
- Ashaway ZyMax Fire sparks global appeal
- Selmi honored by ITHF and ITF
- Comprehensive RG coverage from Tennis Channel
- Young Guns Contest Season 2
- Murray celebrates birthday with masters title