Tennis Channel to rebroadcast French Open
LOS ANGELES — Tennis Channel will welcome the holiday season with a two-week rebroadcast of the 2013 French Open, perhaps the sport’s most beautiful event. Set to begin at 12 p.m. ET Sunday, Dec. 1, Roland Garros Redux: Paris for the Holidays will include daily matches followed by evening wrap-up and interview show French Open Tonight.
Other than holiday-themed opens each day, Tennis Channel’s December French Open telecast will air largely as it first appeared on the network from May 26-June 7. Match coverage will begin at 12 p.m. ET most days, followed by back-to-back segments of French Open Tonight at 9 p.m. ET, hosted by Bill Macatee (complete schedule can be found online at www.tennischannel.com/schedule/).
In all, Roland Garros Redux: Paris for the Holidays will offer 175 hours of French Open-related coverage, including the epic, five-set men’s semifinal match between Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal that is considered by many to be the match of the 2013 tennis season (December 13, 8 p.m. ET). Serena Williams’ return to the pinnacle of clay-court success in her singles final against defending-champion Maria Sharapova is also part of the holiday schedule (December 14, 8 p.m. ET), as are numerous star appearances on French Open Tonight. Among these are John McEnroe, Martina Navratilova, Roger Federer, and doubles twins Bob and Mike Bryan.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition
- Philippoussis goes 2-For-2 in PowerShares
- Philippoussis kicks off 2016 with a bang
- Eight named to National Junior Team
- USTA to launch nationwide kids’ audition