Head Hawk features innovative technology
Kennelbach, Austria — HEAD introduces the groundbreaking CRYSTAL CORE technology, a newly developed string manufacturing process which opens the door to a whole new era of co-polyester strings. Providing the ultimate combination of power and feel, the new technology is introduced in the new HEAD HAWK™ tour string, one of the tour’s best and high-quality strings developed together with some of HEAD’s top pro players.
Whether you are part of a professional match or casually playing with friends, your strings are the only thing that makes contact with the ball. To make sure that players of all levels around the world have the best tools available, HEAD is constantly researching new ways to improve the quality, playing characteristics, and innovation of its strings.
The new, innovative manufacturing process is a complex multistep heat treatment. This treatment allows controlling the molecular crystal structure within a monofilament string and engineering different material properties in its outer and core region. A highly orientated molecular structure on the outside of the string generates more energy efficiency releasing more power, while a more crystalline core adds dampening and touch to the string. As a result, the string offers a unique combination of energy efficiency for explosive power with optimized control and touch in every shot.
The new HEAD HAWK™ tour string with CRYSTAL CORE technology in HEAD’s new black packaging was available as of November 4th, 2013 at retail.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Head extends partnership with Stephens
- Tennis Channel adds on-air talent
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year