Ashaway named the Official String of PTR
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) announced that Ashaway Racket Strings, of Ashaway, Rhode Island, signed a three year sponsorship agreement with PTR, making Ashaway Strings the Official Strings of PTR effective January 1, 2014.
“PTR is excited to sign with Ashaway. The company produces high quality racquet strings,” said Dan Santorum, PTR CEO. “In keeping with PTR’s emphasis on our family culture, it is apropos that we partner with a great family owned and run company like Ashaway.”
Best known for manufacturing world class racquet strings used by many pro players, Ashaway is the only United States manufacturer of racquet strings. Ashaway also produces braided twines for the textile industry, braided nylon cores for fly fishing lines, and many other custom braided lines for a variety of applications, including medical.
A world leader in the production of bulk medical threads used in a variety of medical devices, Ashaway uses the same stringent quality control system that is required for medical thread production in all string production.
“Ashaway is delighted to partner with the Professional Tennis Registry and its 14,600 members worldwide,” said Steve Crandall, Ashaway Vice President. “Ashaway has been making tennis string since 1949, and is the only US manufacturer of racquet string. As the Official String, we’re happy to support the PTR’s mission to educate, certify and service tennis teachers and coaches around the world, and to help grow the game of tennis.”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary