Racquet Sports Industry names ‘30 Under 30’
DULUTH, GA — Racquet Sports Industry (RSI), the world’s largest tennis trade publication, released its “30 Under 30” list of young professionals in the tennis industry in the November/December 2013 issue. The list contains 30 extraordinary individuals under age 30 who work in all segments of the tennis industry.
“We’re very pleased to present our first-ever ‘30 Under 30’ list for the tennis industry,” says Peter Francesconi, RSI’s editor. “This is an impressive and inspiring group of exceptional young professionals who are not only doing key jobs within the industry, but also who are dedicated to spreading the benefits of tennis throughout the country. We expect these young adults will be among those to lead the growth of this sport into the future.”
RSI’s list contains both individuals who are employed in the industry and those who volunteer their time to bring tennis to all segments of society. For many, the U.S. Tennis Association’s highly successful Tennis on Campus program, started in 2000, has been the pathway that has led them into the industry after graduation.
The digital edition of the magazine, which contains descriptions of each of the “30 Under 30,” is at racquetsportsindustry.com.
“One of our goals as an industry — working with the Tennis Industry Association, USTA and other groups in tennis — is to bring more young professionals into all areas of this industry,” Francesconi notes. “We hope our ‘30 Under 30’ list will inspire other young adults to consider a career in this industry.”
RSI’s list of “30 Under 30” in the tennis industry is:
- Aramik Allahverdian, buyer, Tennis Express
- Meghan Angeletti, community relations manager, USTA New England
- Allison Barnett, communications/customer service manager, Head USA
- Daniel Becker, global social media manager, Babolat
- Sarah Brooker, youth team tennis coordinator, Fox Valley Tennis Association, Wis.
- Kasey Connors, associate director of community tennis, USTA Middle States
- Rob Festa, manager of tournaments and rankings, USTA Eastern
- Kaitlin Flaherty, assistant director of Professional Tennis Management Program, Methodist University, N.C.
- Adam Ford, head pro, DeWitt Tennis Center, Mich.
- Amanda Friday, tennis service representative, USTA Texas
- Leah Friedman, junior development coordinator, Chicago District Tennis Association
- Vasiliy Guryanov, master racquet technician, Midtown Athletic Club, Chicago
- Michael Harper, director of junior tennis, Tennis Center at College Park, Md.
- Blair Henley, reporter/writer, TennisNow
- Carl Hocker, tennis professional, Country Club of Spartanburg, S.C.
- Brian Hoggard, sales manager, Zaino Tennis Courts, Calif.
- Meghan Houk, assistant director, Reffkin Tennis Center, Ariz.
- Brandon Jackson, director of junior teams, USTA Northern
- Alejandro Justiniani, head professional, Sea Colony Tennis Resort, Del.
- Susan Klumpner, co-founder, The ACE Project, Chicago
- Michael Lynch, Tennis on Campus leader, University of Illinois
- Ryan Melton, research & operations manager, Tennis Industry Association
- LeeAnn O’Donnell, marketing manager, TGA Premier Youth Tennis
- Adam Queen, vice president, Your Serve Tennis, Atlanta
- Ashley Redman, community tennis manager, USTA Southwest
- Evan Smith, tennis service representative, USTA Southern California
- Jeremy Speicher, tennis professional, Speicher Performance Tennis, Pa.
- Jon Thompson, national coordinator for Community Tennis Development, USTA National
- Tyson Thompson, community program and training coordinator, USTA North Carolina
- Brad Wakely, player development manager/brand manager, Prince Global Sports
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Adidas Y-3 impacts the game
- Gamma partners with Tennis Recruiting
- WTT releases schedule
- PTR expands education
- Haas and Johnson to play HoF Championships
- Tennis Summit addresses major issues
- Babolat debuts limited edition Wimbledon products
- Longoria returns to winning ways
- ITHF names new Director of Tennis
- Djokovic wins fourth Indian Wells title