Premier tennis destination opens in Colorado
DENVER & CHANHASSEN, Minn. — Officials from Life Time - The Healthy Way of Life Companysm (NYSE:LTM) today announced the grand opening of its new tennis destination at Life Time Athletic Centennial.
“The anticipation for our new world-class complex has been building and we’re excited to offer a destination of this caliber to the community, highlighted by unmatched tennis courts, instruction and programming.”
Located at 5000 E. Dry Creek Road, the new Life Time tennis complex features 10 indoor climate controlled courts, 10-lighted outdoor courts, six hard courts and four Har-Tru clay courts. The new complex marks a significant addition to the existing, nearly 130,000-square-foot Life Time Athletic Centennial property, one of four Life Time destinations in Colorado.
The Centennial tennis center also features incredible amenities such as video analysis rooms for tennis coaching, a pro shop, luxurious locker rooms and indoor viewing lounge. Certified Life Time Athletic tennis pros will lead programming including lessons and leagues for both adults and juniors at all levels. Members also can take advantage of USTA league play, private and group lessons, tournaments, weekly drills, tennis assessments, social programming including mixers and leagues, as well as 10 and under junior program to help kids develop their game.
A grand opening celebration is set for 6 p.m. on October 30 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and exhibition with Life Time pros and ProAms. The celebration continues on October 31, November 1 and November 2 with opportunities to explore the new tennis facility, try out the new tennis courts and experience a variety of programming that Life Time Athletic Centennial Tennis will offer. On October 31, there will also be a Halloween extravaganza for kids and on November 1, adults can enjoy a Halloween Mixer.
“Since we opened our doors in 2010, Life Time Athletic Centennial has provided its members with the services and programming necessary to live a healthy way of life,” said Terri Goldman, general manager at Life Time Athletic Centennial. “The anticipation for our new world-class complex has been building and we’re excited to offer a destination of this caliber to the community, highlighted by unmatched tennis courts, instruction and programming.”
In addition to the new tennis complex, Life Time Athletic Centennial offers:
- Dedicated group exercise, cycle, Pilates and LifePower Yoga studios
- Full assortment of best-in-class cardiovascular and resistance training equipment
- Indoor and outdoor functional training space
- Luxurious indoor and outdoor aquatics center featuring zero depth entries and outdoor water slides with dedicated lap and family swim areas
- On-site child center
- LifeCafe, serving healthy food and beverages free of trans fats, bleached flours, and artificial flavors, colors, preservatives and sweeteners
- No membership contracts
- Complimentary lockers and towel service
- Luxurious locker rooms
As the largest operator of indoor tennis facilities in the United States, Life Time features indoor and outdoor courts at 18 of its 107 destinations. Life Time Tennis hosts two USTA Regional Training centers (Atlanta and Minneapolis) and a full-time Tennis Academy. More than 210 certified tennis instructors offer a range of tennis programs and services including USTA beginner programs, weekly mixers, clinics and drills, and competitive play as well as programming for kids such as the “Tour Play” Kids Tennis.
For more information about the Life Time Athletic Centennial and the new Centennial tennis destination, visit lifetimefitness.com/centennial or facebook.com/LTFCentennial.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Annacone and Cahill join PlaySight
- Prince creates excitement at Wimbledon
- ITHF partners with ITF development program
- Presenters named for ITHF induction
- Nightly Wimbledon coverage begins June 27
- Feldman to join USTA Southern
- Longoria completes season sweep
- USTA names National Junior Scholar athletes
- IART symposium celebrates 10th anniversary
- Highest-ever viewers for French Open