HEAD Penn players make it far in US Open
Minneapolis, MN — HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria — the world’s No. 1 ranked female racquetball player — continued her dominance on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) winning her fourth UnitedHealthcare US OPEN Racquetball Championship. The US OPEN is the sport’s premier event of the year and with the win Longoria is now the event’s three-time defending champion.
Paola’s first US OPEN Title came in 2008 when she became the event’s youngest winner at the age of just 18. Using HEAD’s Zeus racquet, Longoria won five matches in Minneapolis to push her consecutive match winning streak to 93. The tournament victory is Longoria’s 23rd in a row. After signing a long term sponsorship deal with HEAD Penn in April 2012, Longoria has yet to lose!
HEAD Penn’s Rocky Carson reached the Championship Final at the US OPEN in the Men’s Professional Division. Carson is ranked as the No. 2 player in the world on the International Racquetball Tour (IRT). He won the US OPEN in 2007 and is a three-time Gold Medalist in Men’s Singles at the World Racquetball Championships.
To follow Paola, Rocky and the rest of the HEAD Penn Racquetball Team, check out facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Viking announces new GM
- Dunlop to distribute Diadora footwear
- Babolat launches new Origin string
- Davis Cup tickets to go on sale Dec. 6th
- ASBA releases informative video
- Tennis Channel to rebroadcast French Open
- SGI, PHIT America announce 'Challenge'
- NYJTL honors Tennis Channel and Solomon
- Mylan WTT relocates; Roddick to star on team
- TGA Premier Youth Tennis launches 22nd franchise