ATP tour-level tennis returns to Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI — On December 7th, Americans Tim Smyczek, Rhyne Williams, Denis Kudla and Rajeev Ram will take the court at the REX Fieldhouse on the campus of Wisconsin Lutheran College to help raise money for the Summit Educational Association, which provides one-on-one tutoring and mentoring for Milwaukee’s inner city students.
Joining the four players on court will be former U.S. Davis Cup captain Tom Gullikson, a Wisconsin native, who will MC the action. The players will start with two singles sets and conclude with a doubles set, similar to Davis Cup format.
“In 2010 we held a tennis exhibition that was a lot of fun and raised money for Summit,” said Smyczek, ranked 83rd in the world and a Milwaukee native. “With the help of my family, friends and the great tennis fans of Milwaukee we’re hoping to make this event bigger and better so we can make a difference for a lot of kids who rely on the guidance and services Summit offers.”
The weekend’s activities start on Friday night, December 6th, when Summit will host a reception and dinner at the Hilton City Center in Milwaukee.
Tickets for the tennis, dinner, and sponsorship opportunities may be purchased online at ServesForSummit.com.
Friday December 6 - Hilton City Center in Milwaukee. 5:30pm Reception and Dinner
Saturday December 7 - REX Fieldhouse on the campus of Wisconsin Lutheran College. 6pm Sponsor’s Refreshments. 6:15pm USTA 10 and Under demonstration. 7pm Main Event
Details and Tickets: ServesForSummit.com or call Phil Smyczek at 414-248-4950
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary