Cap promoted to Director of Membership
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) announced today that Helma Cap has been promoted to Director of Membership for the organization.
Cap started her career in tennis working for Dennis Van der Meer in 1976. She graduated cum laude with a degree in Business Administration from the University of South Carolina. A familiar face to many PTR members, she has been on the staff since the organization’s inception.
Cap has worn many hats during her tenure, including, Clinician, Tester and Merchandise Director. Still responsible for merchandise, accounts receivable, and assisting with workshop coordination, as Director of Membership, her duties have expanded to include membership growth and retention. Cap has seen the organization go through many changes, and with her guidance and innovation, PTR is poised for continued growth in membership.
“We finished the US membership year up for the 27th consecutive year,” said Dan Santorum, PTR CEO. “Helma played a key role in achieving this milestone and is very deserving of her promotion.”
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,600 members in 117 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- ‘Serving’ up treats for Wimbledon
- USTA Foundation appoints new members
- Babolat continues Roland Garros partnership
- Public Tennis grants wheelchair scholarships
- USTA forges medical partnership
- TIA partners with Sports Club Advisors
- Ashaway ZyMax Fire sparks global appeal
- Selmi honored by ITHF and ITF
- Comprehensive RG coverage from Tennis Channel
- Young Guns Contest Season 2