Longoria wins first Grand Slam of the season
Toluca, Mexico — HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria — the No. 1 Female Racquetball Player in the World — continued her winning streak in front of her home country fans at the “Albierto Mexicano de Racquetas” event in South Central Mexico this past weekend. The event was the first of two back-to-back Grand Slam events on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) with the second being the upcoming US OPEN Racquetball Championships in Minneapolis, Minnesota the first week in October.
Using HEAD’s newest Zeus racquet, Longoria won four matches in Toluca without losing a single game. The tournament victory was Paola’s 22nd consecutive win on the LPRT and her consecutive match winning streak is now at 88. Both the tournament and match winning streaks are LPRT records.
HEAD Penn’s Maria Jose Vargas was defeated by Longoria in the semifinals in Toluca. Maria’s hot start to the season has propelled her to a career high ranking of No. 6 on the LPRT.
To follow Paola, Maria and all the top HEAD Penn racquetball players, please follow facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Snodgrass partners with TIA
- First for real-time biometric data
- Tickets available for Fed Cup semifinal
- TennisClub.com partners with TIA
- Berger to step down at USTA
- Tennis Channel adds 7.8M Nielsen homes
- Oracle unveils awards for young pros
- Spotlight shines on tennis visionaries
- Saddleback Resort to host Fed Cup
- Tzvetkov appointed to PTR Board