Longoria wins first Grand Slam of the season
Toluca, Mexico — HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria — the No. 1 Female Racquetball Player in the World — continued her winning streak in front of her home country fans at the “Albierto Mexicano de Racquetas” event in South Central Mexico this past weekend. The event was the first of two back-to-back Grand Slam events on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) with the second being the upcoming US OPEN Racquetball Championships in Minneapolis, Minnesota the first week in October.
Using HEAD’s newest Zeus racquet, Longoria won four matches in Toluca without losing a single game. The tournament victory was Paola’s 22nd consecutive win on the LPRT and her consecutive match winning streak is now at 88. Both the tournament and match winning streaks are LPRT records.
HEAD Penn’s Maria Jose Vargas was defeated by Longoria in the semifinals in Toluca. Maria’s hot start to the season has propelled her to a career high ranking of No. 6 on the LPRT.
To follow Paola, Maria and all the top HEAD Penn racquetball players, please follow facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Anne Krupp Memorial Scholarship
- Kudla takes 'Young Guns Contest'
- ATP renews agreement with Tennis Channel
- Edberg honored with Hall of Fame Ring
- TGA launches Minneapolis franchise
- Wilson launches Ultra racquet
- Pala receives Fed Cup Award
- Murray launches new Radicals
- Czechs to take on Russia in Fed Cup
- Live season-ending championships