Paola Longoria captures season title
Herndon, Va. — In the midst of the longest match and tournament winning streak the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) has ever seen, HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria captured her fourth Season Championship of her career.
With her win at the LPRT event in Virginia this past weekend, Longoria’s consecutive match winning streak was extended to 76 matches in a row without a single loss. Her consecutive tournament winning streak now sits at 19. Even with one more event to play in the season, Paola has distanced herself from the rest of the ladies on tour to lock up the Number 1 ranking spot for the Season Championship. Longoria also won the Year-End Title in the 2008-2009, 2009-2010 and 2011-2012 seasons.
Paola defeated fellow HEAD Penn player Samantha Salas Solis in the event’s semifinals. The Mexico duo faced off the week before in the finals of the San Antonio event. Samantha’s recent success on the LPRT has propelled her status into the top four of the rankings. She will go into the season-ending event in Fullerton, California as one of the top female racquetball players in the world.
To follow Paola, Samantha, and all the top HEAD Penn racquetball players, please follow facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Istomin wins first ATP title
- WTT poised for growth, says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- MonoGut ZX Black offers versatility and playability
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- El Shorbagy, World Number 1
- Tennis Channel launches Racquet Bracket
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award