PTR/TIA awards Marcy Bruce
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will present its annual awards this week during the 2013 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 50-plus on court and classroom presentations for tennis teachers and coaches, a trade show and tournament, is being held May 2-5 at the new Sonesta Resort on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Marcy Bruce, of McMurray, Pennsylvania, was presented the PTR/TIA Commitment to the Industry Award. Bruce is a PTR Clinician and Tester in both Adult Development and 10 & Under Tennis. She is also the TRX Cardio Tennis Director for the Upper Saint Clair Tennis Development Program.
TRX Cardio Tennis is a TIA initiative that combines tennis and a fitness workout. The Tennis Industry Association (TIA) is the not-for-profit trade association for the sport that promotes the growth of tennis and the economic vitality of the industry.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,000 members in 117 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary