Longoria extends record streak in at the Alamo
SAN ANTONIO — In the shadows of the Alamo, the top female professional racquetball players in the world battled it out in the Championship Final. Two HEAD Penn players met face to face, but only one woman could come out on top.
Mexico’s Paola Longoria brought her 72 consecutive match winning streak to Texas looking to win her 18th tournament in a row on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LRPT). Paola cruised through the draw as she usually does without dropping a single game. In the finals she met her fellow country woman, Samantha Salas Solis, who upset the No. 3 and No. 2 seeds in the tournament to make it to the championship match. Paola defeated Samantha in three hard fought games 11-7, 11-4, and 11-5.
When not competing against each other on the LPRT, Samantha and Paola pair up for their country as a Women’s Doubles team. Together, they are the defending World Champions in Women’s Doubles.
With the tournament victory, Longoria’s record breaking streak is now extended to 19 consecutive LPRT event wins. She also walked away with the tournament streak of 76 professional matches won. Both winning streaks are all-time records in the history of women’s professional racquetball.
To follow Paola, Samantha, and all the top HEAD Penn racquetball players, please follow facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat continues Roland Garros partnership
- Public Tennis grants wheelchair scholarships
- USTA forges medical partnership
- TIA partners with Sports Club Advisors
- Ashaway ZyMax Fire sparks global appeal
- Selmi honored by ITHF and ITF
- Comprehensive RG coverage from Tennis Channel
- Young Guns Contest Season 2
- Murray celebrates birthday with masters title
- Serena's major wins to be aired back-to-back