Longoria extends record streak in at the Alamo
SAN ANTONIO — In the shadows of the Alamo, the top female professional racquetball players in the world battled it out in the Championship Final. Two HEAD Penn players met face to face, but only one woman could come out on top.
Mexico’s Paola Longoria brought her 72 consecutive match winning streak to Texas looking to win her 18th tournament in a row on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LRPT). Paola cruised through the draw as she usually does without dropping a single game. In the finals she met her fellow country woman, Samantha Salas Solis, who upset the No. 3 and No. 2 seeds in the tournament to make it to the championship match. Paola defeated Samantha in three hard fought games 11-7, 11-4, and 11-5.
When not competing against each other on the LPRT, Samantha and Paola pair up for their country as a Women’s Doubles team. Together, they are the defending World Champions in Women’s Doubles.
With the tournament victory, Longoria’s record breaking streak is now extended to 19 consecutive LPRT event wins. She also walked away with the tournament streak of 76 professional matches won. Both winning streaks are all-time records in the history of women’s professional racquetball.
To follow Paola, Samantha, and all the top HEAD Penn racquetball players, please follow facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- NetSuite Open Squash returns to San Francisco
- Fitz and the Tantrums to headline US Open
- Asians dominate badminton championship
- Baugh selected to Tennis Industry HoF
- Better tennis through science
- Washington Kastles Four-peat
- USPTA partners with TrueCar
- PTR Instructing Wheelchair Tennis Workshop
- Ashaway offers new bulk reels
- Pro introduces children to the magic of tennis