Longoria Sets Streak Record
LOS ANGELES — Another event on the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT) and another tournament victory for HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria. The San Luis Potosi, Mexico native cruised through her four matches at the Southern California tournament only dropping a single game in the final.
The tournament win now pushes Longoria’s winning streak of LPRT events won to 18 (16 Grand Slam/Tier One events and 2 Satellite events). The streak spans a consecutive matches won streak of 72 professional matches. Both winning streaks are now all-time records in the history of women’s professional racquetball.
Last month Paola won the Pan American Championships in Cali, Columbia to continue her dominance in international play as well. Combining her professional tournaments and the international competitions representing Mexico, Paola Longoria has not lost a match during the last 101 times she has stepped on the court! Her last loss came at a women’s professional event in May 2011 in Stockton, California.
Other HEAD Penn players competing among Longoria at the Reseda event included Grace Hughes, Samantha Salas and Adrienne Fisher Hayes who all reached the quarterfinals.
To follow Paola and all the top HEAD Penn racquetball players, please follow facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Istomin wins first ATP title
- WTT poised for growth, says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- MonoGut ZX Black offers versatility and playability
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- El Shorbagy, World Number 1
- Tennis Channel launches Racquet Bracket
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award