Mallory Burdette chooses Dunlop
GREENVILLE, SC — Dunlop today announced it has signed rising American star and former NCAA champion Mallory Burdette to a multi-year agreement. Burdette selected the new Biomimetic M3.0 tennis racquet, which she used to qualify and then reach the third round of the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells. She defeated Top 30 player Tamira Paszek in the 2nd round prior to falling to world #15 Maria Kirilenko in a thrilling three-set match that lasted nearly 3 hours.
Burdette has a powerful baseline game, but also likes to move forward to the net where she has a deft touch from her championship years playing doubles at Stanford. “The Biomimetic M3.0 racquet suits my game; it has fantastic control, and I’m still able to get the power and depth I need to play my game at the highest level.”
“I’ve been lucky enough to know Mallory since her junior days in Georgia,” said Hunter Hines, Dunlop Racquet Sports Director of Marketing and Product Development. “Since leaving Stanford after her Junior year, she’s already had a couple memorable runs at high profile tournaments, including last year’s US Open where she reached the third round. We look forward to big things from Mallory.”
Burdette plans on playing a full Tour schedule this year, her next stop is in Key Biscayne for the Sony Ericsson Open.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta