Luxilon returns as Official Stringer of Sony Open
CHICAGO — Luxilon®, (luxilon.com) the number one string on the pro tour and distributed exclusively worldwide by Wilson Racquet Sports, (wilson.com), is the official stringer again of this year’s Sony Open (www.sonyopentennis.com), March 18-31 in Miami. Used by 73 percent of the top 100 ATP players and 59 percent of the top 100 WTA players, this string is the brand of choice among the world’s top players because of its power, spin potential, and overall playing performance.
“We are proud to be part of the Sony Open, and Miami is a great venue to showcase our world-class strings and stringing team,” said Ryan Polito, Luxilon global product manager. “We will string 2,000 racquets, the majority with Luxilon string, to meet and exceed the demands of the world’s best players.”
WTA no. 1 Serena Williams has played with Luxilon 4G since its launch last year, helping her to achieve her historic wins during 2012. Luxilon 4G, also used by Nicolas Almagro, Grigor Dimitrov, Alexandr Dolgopolov and Kei Nishikori, provides maximum tension maintenance for long-lasting playability, while maintaining Luxilon’s legendary power and spin.
ALU Power 125 string is the most in-demand string on tour and features Luxilon’s proprietary poly-ether-ether blend for a superior combination of power and spin. Wilson player Victoria Azarenka reached no. 1 using this string. Wilson career player Roger Federer used the ALU Power Rough to win all of his 17 Grand Slams.
M2 Multi-Mono is the first string with dynamic, variable flex that reacts to the power of a player’s shot, adding more control on hard shots and more comfort on soft shots. This is the string ofchoice for ATP no. 14 Milos Raonic, a Wilson player who has shown momentum this year most recently winning his third consecutive SAP Open in San Jose, Calif., becoming the first player in more than a half century to win this tournament three straight times
Luxilon 4G video:
- For player news and updates, visit: luxilon.com
- For further player insights, visit: facebook.com/LuxilonTennis
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Head extends partnership with Stephens
- Tennis Channel adds on-air talent
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year