York continues assault on record book
Last year in her hometown of Portland, HEAD Penn’s Lexi York became the first freshman in 12 years to win the Girl’s Singles National High School Racquetball Championship. This year in St. Louis she repeated the accomplishment to remain on track in the hope of sweeping the High School National Championship in four consecutive years. The last player to win the National Championship during all four years of their high school career was current HEAD Penn professional touring player Adrienne Fisher Haynes (2000-2003).
Lexi battled through a draw made up of players representing 37 high schools from across the country. She is a sophomore at La Salle High School, the same suburban Oregon school that produced three-time High School Boys’ Singles Champion and fellow Team HEAD Penn player Taylor Knoth.
York is the reigning National Adult Singles Champion in the Women’s A and Women’s 24 & Under Divisions. She is also the current 14 & Under Mixed Doubles Junior National Champion.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- adidas shows creativity defines athletes
- Couchmans advised ITF on BNP Paribas renewal
- PowerShares announces player fields
- Drysdale partners with Cincinnati TC
- Sinclair to acquire Tennis Channel
- Tennis CoachEd gets boosts
- USPTA extends NetKnacks partnership
- PlaySight partners with Tennis Media Company
- Kaiser named PTR Female Player of the Year
- The Playmate iSMASH ball machine