York continues assault on record book
Last year in her hometown of Portland, HEAD Penn’s Lexi York became the first freshman in 12 years to win the Girl’s Singles National High School Racquetball Championship. This year in St. Louis she repeated the accomplishment to remain on track in the hope of sweeping the High School National Championship in four consecutive years. The last player to win the National Championship during all four years of their high school career was current HEAD Penn professional touring player Adrienne Fisher Haynes (2000-2003).
Lexi battled through a draw made up of players representing 37 high schools from across the country. She is a sophomore at La Salle High School, the same suburban Oregon school that produced three-time High School Boys’ Singles Champion and fellow Team HEAD Penn player Taylor Knoth.
York is the reigning National Adult Singles Champion in the Women’s A and Women’s 24 & Under Divisions. She is also the current 14 & Under Mixed Doubles Junior National Champion.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Grand Harbor to host charity tourney
- McInerney named 2016 ITA award winner
- Ashaway introduces Rally 21 Fire string
- Successful 2016 for Head tennis
- Play tennis for life
- Smashers take win in NBL thriller
- Langridge to feature at Sports Park
- Murray ends 2016 as No. 1
- Hitting partner of the top players
- USPTA offers USPA certification