HEAD Penn is Golden at Pan Am Championships
Cali, Colombia — Holding six Pan American Championship gold medals already, HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria was able to add another to her collection with her win in the Women’s Singles Division at the 2013 Pan Am Championships in Colombia. Paola’s haul of seven gold medals now sits at second place all-time record behind fellow HEAD Penn player Jackie Paraiso who has won 10 gold medals in Pan American Championship play.
Longoria and Samantha Salas both represented HEAD Penn and their home country of Mexico in the Women’s Doubles Competition. The pair reached the final but were defeated by the American team headlined by HEAD Penn’s Sharon Jackson. The gold medal was Jackson’s first at the Pan American Championships. She also added a bronze medal in women’s Singles along with Salas for their semi-final finishes.
Paola’s win in Singles continues her dominance on the international stage. She won the Women’s Singles Title at the 2011 Pan American Games, the 2012 Pan American Championships, and the 2012 International Racquetball Federation’s (IRF) World Championships. Her overall consecutive matches win streak for international and Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour competitions has now reached 97.
To follow Paola, Samantha, Sharon and the rest of the HEAD Penn team, visit facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells