Wilson signs Brice Leverdez
CHICAGO — Wilson Racquet Sports wilsonbadminton.com) today announces its partnership with six-time French National Champion Brice Leverdez, who will represent Wilson exclusively. The 26-year old Frenchman played his first tournament with the new Wilson Recon racket (pictured below) at the French National Championship last weekend, where he captured the men’s singles title for the sixth year in a row.
“Our partnership with Brice solidifies Wilson’s commitment to the growth of badminton in Europe, and strengthens our overall positioning in the region,” said Mathieu Argellies, Global Badminton Director for Wilson Racquet Sports. “We have a solid strategy for developing the sport in the EMEA region, and we believe this is a strong step in the right direction.”
In 2010, Leverdez achieved the highest world ranking ever for a French player when he reached world no. 27 after reaching the finals of the U.S. and Canadian Opens. In 2011 he won the men’s singles title at the Yonex Belgian International and played on the 2012 French Olympic team. He has remained in the world’s top 50 for the past three years and is currently ranked no. 10 in Europe.
“We have already seen great results in Brice’s success this week and know there are many more outstanding achievements ahead for him,” said Argellies.
Wilson’s new Recon racket combines Wilson’s Power Rod technology with its high-tension frame engineering.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Annacone and Cahill join PlaySight
- Prince creates excitement at Wimbledon
- ITHF partners with ITF development program
- Presenters named for ITHF induction
- Nightly Wimbledon coverage begins June 27
- Feldman to join USTA Southern
- Longoria completes season sweep
- USTA names National Junior Scholar athletes
- IART symposium celebrates 10th anniversary
- Highest-ever viewers for French Open