Successful start in 2013 for Head pros
Kennelbach/Austria — HEAD Racquet Rebels Andy Murray, Richard Gasquet and Anabel Medina Garrigues had a good start to the 2013 season.
2012 Olympic Gold medal winner, Andy Murray, successfully defended his crown at the Brisbane International, with his YouTek™ IG Radical Pro for a 7-6 (7-0), 6-4 win over the Bulgarian, Grigor Dimitrov. Murray’s victory was his 25th title from 38 finals. He is now headed to the Australian Open with the confidence of a proven winner. “It’s been a good start to the year, obviously. I trained hard to get ready for this period of the year,” said Murray.
HEAD Racquet Rebel Richard Gasquet won his eighth career title as he defeated Russian Nikolay Davydenko 3-6, 7-6(4), 6-3 with his YouTek™ IG Extreme Pro in Doha. “I’m really happy with the way I played. It was important for me to win the final here,” said Gasquet. Anabel Medina Garrigues (YouTek™ IG Extreme MP) won the Hopman Cup along with her Spanish Team after defeating Serbia 2-1 in the final at the Perth Arena. The night started well for Serbia when Djokovic defeated Fernando Verdasco 6-4 and 7-5 to give Serbia the lead. But in a tight women’s singles match, Medina Garrigues surprised Ivanovic 6-4 6-7(3) 6-2 to level the tie at 1-1. The Spanish duo of Medina Garrigues and Verdasco combined to defeat Ana Ivanovic and world No.1 Novak Djokovic 6-4 7-5 in the mixed doubles to clinch the title.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition
- Philippoussis goes 2-For-2 in PowerShares
- Philippoussis kicks off 2016 with a bang
- Eight named to National Junior Team
- USTA to launch nationwide kids’ audition