Wilson ramps up footwear technology
CHICAGO — Reinforcing its commitment to providing best-in-class performance, Wilson Racquet Sports is completely revamping its footwear line for 2013 with the introduction of the Rush Pro™ shoe for men, women and juniors. Engineered to provide maximum stability, feel and responsiveness, the lightweight Rush Pro uses proprietary technology utilizing extensive research and collaboration with tour players. The shoe launches in January 2013. Wilson tour players Anne Keothavong, Phillip Kohlschreiber and Feliciano Lopez are among the several tour players sporting this shoe in 2013.
“Tennis players need to excel in a game that is changing quickly,” said Kristi Boggs, business manager for footwear and apparel at Wilson Racquet Sports. “We built the Rush Pro to support the acceleration of movement that is driving the evolution in our sport. The Rush Pro provides ideal performance fit with low-to-the-ground court feel for players looking to elevate their game.”
There are three key features of the Rush Pro’s advanced design: the three dimensional TPU-injected forefoot piece (3D-F.s) for superior responsiveness, maximum acceleration and controlled deceleration; a Dynamic Fit 6mm heel-toe drop for lateral stability and low-to-the-ground court feel, eliciting a quicker reaction; and Endofit™, a full construction inner sleeve for enhanced comfort and intuitive fit. Colors range from pool, silver and cyan to cyber green, tuscan orange and union gold.
- Weight: 12.6 oz. (men), 10.9 oz. (women)
- Sizes: 7-14 (men), 5.5-11 (women)
- Colors: Pool/White/Silver, White/Flint Grey/Union Gold, Black/Black/Tuscan Orange and Intense Lime/Black/Black (men). Cyan/White/Silver, White/White/Cyber Green (women)
- Price: MSRP $130
About Wilson: Wilson Racquet Sports is a division of Chicago-based Wilson Sporting Goods Co., one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sports equipment and owned by Amer Sports. Wilson designs, manufactures and distributes sporting goods throughout the world and focuses on making technologically advanced products which help players of all levels perform better. For more information, visit wilson.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USPTA renews partnership with Rezilient
- Tennis Channel championship run-up
- Gaultier defeats Shabana
- Head Penn players dominate pro racquetball
- Gaultier and Shabana to meet in the final
- Shabana, Barker advance to semis
- Gaultier, Rodriguez advance to semis
- NetSuite Open QFs set
- NetSuite Open to benefit SquashDrive
- Community Tennis Day at Sea Colony