Longoria continues winning streak
Arlington, Va. — Without dropping a single game, HEAD Penn’s Paola Longoria cruised through the draw at the Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour’s (LPRT) 2012 Christmas Classic at the Crystal Gateway Sport & Health Club in Arlington, Virginia. The tournament victory pushes Longoria’s undefeated streak of matches played in LPRT events to 61. Her string of LPRT Tier 1 events now stands at 13, only a few tournaments shy of Michelle Gould’s streak of 16 events from 1994 to 1997.
During the 18 month stretch of undefeated play on the LPRT, Paola Longoria (San Luis Potosi, Mexico) has also dominated the courts during international competition. She won the Women’s Singles Title at the 2011 Pan American Games, the 2012 Pan American Championships and the 2012 International Racquetball Federation’s (IRF) World Championships. Add in play in the team competitions at those events and Longoria has won 84 consecutive matches.
HEAD Penn players Samantha Salas Solis (Mexico) and Adrienne Fisher (Memphis, Tenn.) each reached the quarterfinals in Virginia.
The ladies of HEAD Penn and the LPRT will play next in late January at the Tour of Hope event in Cincinnati, Ohio. To follow Paola, Samantha, Adrienne and the rest of the top HEAD Penn players in the world, visit facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat continues Roland Garros partnership
- Public Tennis grants wheelchair scholarships
- USTA forges medical partnership
- TIA partners with Sports Club Advisors
- Ashaway ZyMax Fire sparks global appeal
- Selmi honored by ITHF and ITF
- Comprehensive RG coverage from Tennis Channel
- Young Guns Contest Season 2
- Murray celebrates birthday with masters title
- Serena's major wins to be aired back-to-back