ASBA Elects New Officers and Directors
Ellicott City, MD — The American Sports Builders Association (ASBA), the national organization for builders and suppliers of materials for athletic facilities, has announced the election and installation of its officers and directors for the coming year. The new slate took its place at the conclusion of the ASBA’s Technical Meeting, held November 30-December 3 in Orlando, Florida:
- Professional Division President: Chris Sullivan (Verde Design, Inc., Santa Clara, California)
- Track Division President: Don Smith, CTB (Don Smith, CTB, LLC, Denver, Colorado)
- Indoor Division President: Randy Niese (Robbins Sports Surfaces, Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Board of Directors members, Builder Division: Kristoff Eldridge, CTB (Cape & Island Tennis & Track, Pocasset, Massachusetts) and Linn Lower, CTCB (Lower Bros. Co., Inc., Birmingham, Alabama)
Officers continuing on the Board of Directors will be Chairman Mark Brogan (Pro-Sport Construction, In., Devon, Pennsylvania), Fields Division President Dan Wright, CFB (Sports Turf Company, Whitesburg, Georgia), Tennis Division President Pete Smith, CTCB (CourtSMITHs, Inc., Toledo, Ohio), Supplier Division President Robert Righter (Nova Sports USA, Milford, Massachusetts), and Secretary-Treasurer Jim Catella, CFB, CTB (Clark Companies, Delhi, New York). Randy Futty (SportCourt, Charlottesville, Virginia) will be the Secretary-Treasurer-Elect.
Individuals continuing on the board in their current director positions include Ben Brooks (Patriot Court Systems, Inc., Houston, Texas), Mike Edgerton, CTCB (Copeland Coatings, Nassau, New York), Bruce Haroldson (Connor Sports Flooring, Arlington Heights, Illinois), Ed Norton, RLA, ASLA (Holcombe Norton Partners, Inc., Birmingham, Alabama), Chris Rossi (Premier Concepts, Inc., Baltimore, Maryland), and John Schedler, CTB, CFB (FieldTurf Tarkett, Tualatin, Oregon).
Board of Directors members who will end their term in 2012 include Rob Delmonico, CFB (RAD Sports, Rockland, Massachusetts) and Ben Rennolds, CTCB (Tennis Courts, Inc., Aylett, Virginia)
ASBA will hold its next Technical Meeting from December 6-10, 2013, at the Grand Hyatt in San Antonio, Texas.
The ASBA is a non-profit association helping designers, builders, owners, operators and users understand quality athletic facility construction. For information on the ASBA, its publications, activities and upcoming meetings, contact the Association by phone at 866-501-ASBA, 410-730-9595, by fax at 410-730-8833, or electronically at sportsbuilders.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String