USPTA charity raises more than $7,500
The United States Professional Tennis Association raised $7,582 from its silent auction held at the USPTA’s Tennis Buying Show during the World Conference on Tennis from Sept. 16-21, at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa in Monterey, Calif.
During the silent auction, attendees had an opportunity to bid on a variety of items, including:
- Maria Sharapova-autographed racquet, courtesy of HEAD/Penn
- 6-ft by 10-ft. Tuffy windscreen panel with a 3-ft by 3-ft one-color logo, courtesy of Aer-Flo
- Dartfish Connect 6.0, courtesy of Dartfish
- Two tickets to the 2013 U.S. Open, courtesy of USTA
- Nike shoes for a year, one per quarter, courtesy of Fromuth
- Two-night stay at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa, Monterey, Calif., courtesy of Hyatt Regency Monterey
The auction benefits the USPTA foundation, which through grants supports various programs in the community that help to grow tennis and bring the game to those who might not otherwise have the chance to play.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- All HEAD Penn ladies racquetball final again
- Djokovic wins 3 Masters 1000 titles in a row
- ITF designates PTR Wheelchair Championships
- Roddick breaks Sampras record in Dallas
- Roddick ties Sampras record in Little Rock
- Roddick wins title in Austin
- Thelma Coyne Long has passed away
- College tennis on TV
- Fowler wins 2015 'Tennis Media Award'
- Roland Garros wild card challenge