USPTA charity raises more than $7,500
The United States Professional Tennis Association raised $7,582 from its silent auction held at the USPTA’s Tennis Buying Show during the World Conference on Tennis from Sept. 16-21, at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa in Monterey, Calif.
During the silent auction, attendees had an opportunity to bid on a variety of items, including:
- Maria Sharapova-autographed racquet, courtesy of HEAD/Penn
- 6-ft by 10-ft. Tuffy windscreen panel with a 3-ft by 3-ft one-color logo, courtesy of Aer-Flo
- Dartfish Connect 6.0, courtesy of Dartfish
- Two tickets to the 2013 U.S. Open, courtesy of USTA
- Nike shoes for a year, one per quarter, courtesy of Fromuth
- Two-night stay at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa, Monterey, Calif., courtesy of Hyatt Regency Monterey
The auction benefits the USPTA foundation, which through grants supports various programs in the community that help to grow tennis and bring the game to those who might not otherwise have the chance to play.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta
- Expanded US Open Series coverage crosses platforms
- Stars headline WTT event
- MAC juniors dominate championships
- Ram wins 2015 HoF Championships