PBI holds conference in Austria
Peter Burwash International (PBI), the world-renowned tennis management company, recently completed its 37th annual meeting at beautiful Bio-Hotel Stanglwirt in Tirol, Austria, site of PBI’s #1 rated tennis camp.
The 2012 conference brought together 95 PBI tennis professionals from around the globe for a week of presentations, seminars and workshops — both in the classroom and on the resort’s immaculate red clay courts — for the purpose of continuing education and skill development.
PBI’s most experienced professionals conducted specialty seminars covering a variety of key areas including:
- Directing Successful Group Tennis Clinics
- Games, Drills and Teaching Concepts for Junior Players
- Resort Tennis Programming & Service, the PBI Way
- Tennis Carnivals as a Team Building Event
- Gimmicks and Corrections for Common Stroke Flaws
- Apps, Gadgets and Technology for Tennis
- The Art of Remembering Names
- Time Management
- Public Speaking
- Tai Chi, Tennis Conditioning, Yoga for Tennis, Back Fitness & Cardio Tennis
Guest speakers included Byron Hero, CEO of Ellesse, PBI’s new clothing and shoe sponsor, Reinhard Wawra and Patrick Woelfler of Wilson Racquet Sports, Chadwick Byrd, President of Tennis Ventures, an all-inclusive, tennis playing tour operator for the grand slam tennis tournaments, and Nicole Heyermann of Western Union Business Solutions, also a PBI corporate sponsor.
PBI’s traditional awards banquet concluded a week of intensive educational activities with President Peter Burwash presenting the following awards:
Professional of the Year
Winner: David Wilson - Tennis Director at Grand Hyatt Seoul
Runner-up: Corley Ward - Tennis Director at Hanalei Bay Resort, Kauai, Hawaii
Most Improved Professional
Winner: Andrea Puca - Tennis Director at Bio-Hotel Stanglwirt, Tirol, Austria.
Runner-up: Jeff Smith - Tennis Director at Kapalua Tennis Garden, Maui, Hawaii
Rookie of the Year
Winner: Raul van den Badem - Head Professional at Bio-Hotel Stanglwirt
Runner-up: Nemanja Djuric - Tennis Director at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, Qatar
Larry Huebner Humanitarian Award: Rene Zondag, Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai
PBI Site of the Year: The American Club Singapore
About Peter Burwash International (pbitennis.com)
Founded in 1975, Peter Burwash International is the world’s premier tennis management company; specializing in tennis instruction, program development, marketing, operations and daily tennis activities for five-star resorts, hotels and tennis clubs worldwide. Founder and President Peter Burwash, a former Canadian champion, has been an icon in the tennis industry for over 37 years as a world-renowned coach, widely sought after motivational speaker, tennis TV commentator and author of eight books. Recognized for its innovative Tennis For Life™ instruction program and exceptional customer service, PBI directs tennis programs for 55 exclusive properties in North America, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Asia, the Middle East, and Europe.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Easter Bowl coming to Indian Wells
- Snodgrass partners with TIA
- First for real-time biometric data
- Tickets available for Fed Cup semifinal
- TennisClub.com partners with TIA
- Berger to step down at USTA
- Tennis Channel adds 7.8M Nielsen homes
- Oracle unveils awards for young pros
- Spotlight shines on tennis visionaries
- Saddleback Resort to host Fed Cup