Watson into first singles semifinal
Twenty-year-old Heather Watson reached her first WTA Tour Singles Semifinal today at the HP Open in Osaka, Japan by defeating Pauline Parmentier of France, 7-5, 6-3. Watson defeated Polona Hercog and Anabel Medina Garrigues to reach the Quarterfinal round. She is also in the Doubles Semifinal with Kimiko Date-Krumm.
Watson won her first two WTA Tour titles this year by winning the Doubles in Stanford and Dallas. She was the 2009 Jr. US Open Singles Champion.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Asians dominate badminton championship
- Baugh selected to Tennis Industry HoF
- Better tennis through science
- USPTA partners with TrueCar
- PTR Instructing Wheelchair Tennis Workshop
- Ashaway offers new bulk reels
- Pro introduces children to the magic of tennis
- USTA honors 12 outstanding facilities
- TGA launches first franchise in Oregon
- Orr joins HEAD Penn team