Watson into first singles semifinal
Twenty-year-old Heather Watson reached her first WTA Tour Singles Semifinal today at the HP Open in Osaka, Japan by defeating Pauline Parmentier of France, 7-5, 6-3. Watson defeated Polona Hercog and Anabel Medina Garrigues to reach the Quarterfinal round. She is also in the Doubles Semifinal with Kimiko Date-Krumm.
Watson won her first two WTA Tour titles this year by winning the Doubles in Stanford and Dallas. She was the 2009 Jr. US Open Singles Champion.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Istomin wins first ATP title
- WTT poised for growth, says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- MonoGut ZX Black offers versatility and playability
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- El Shorbagy, World Number 1
- Tennis Channel launches Racquet Bracket
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award