Watson into first singles semifinal
Twenty-year-old Heather Watson reached her first WTA Tour Singles Semifinal today at the HP Open in Osaka, Japan by defeating Pauline Parmentier of France, 7-5, 6-3. Watson defeated Polona Hercog and Anabel Medina Garrigues to reach the Quarterfinal round. She is also in the Doubles Semifinal with Kimiko Date-Krumm.
Watson won her first two WTA Tour titles this year by winning the Doubles in Stanford and Dallas. She was the 2009 Jr. US Open Singles Champion.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Adams to repeat as USTA president
- Groppel named Tennis Industry advisor
- HEAD launches new Speed racquets
- ATP Media revamps streaming platform
- USPTA HoF to induct Burwash
- Ashaway renews sponsorship of Swain
- Malaysia, Hong Kong dominate WUC Squash
- FISU WUC Badminton starts
- USTA partners in Laver Cup
- Hunt named CMO at Universal Tennis