Watson into first singles semifinal
Twenty-year-old Heather Watson reached her first WTA Tour Singles Semifinal today at the HP Open in Osaka, Japan by defeating Pauline Parmentier of France, 7-5, 6-3. Watson defeated Polona Hercog and Anabel Medina Garrigues to reach the Quarterfinal round. She is also in the Doubles Semifinal with Kimiko Date-Krumm.
Watson won her first two WTA Tour titles this year by winning the Doubles in Stanford and Dallas. She was the 2009 Jr. US Open Singles Champion.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Federer chases Davis Cup title
- TIA partners with PAI
- MAC GM named Facility Manager of the Year
- USTA nominates Adams as chairman, CEO
- Carson wins 2nd tournament in a row
- Tennis Central announces new app
- Sukova honored with Fed Cup Award
- All-star field for WTT Smash Hits in London
- ProWorld and Tecnifibre announce partnership
- Tennis Channel hosts Fed Cup final live