Watson into first singles semifinal
Twenty-year-old Heather Watson reached her first WTA Tour Singles Semifinal today at the HP Open in Osaka, Japan by defeating Pauline Parmentier of France, 7-5, 6-3. Watson defeated Polona Hercog and Anabel Medina Garrigues to reach the Quarterfinal round. She is also in the Doubles Semifinal with Kimiko Date-Krumm.
Watson won her first two WTA Tour titles this year by winning the Doubles in Stanford and Dallas. She was the 2009 Jr. US Open Singles Champion.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat tribute to Li Na
- JTCC partners with Tecnifibre
- Stenning and Woolard named Life Trustees
- 8th annual Wailea Tennis Fantasy Camp
- U.S. Davis Cup team fights for tournament spot
- NetSuite to name new glass squash court
- Martin joins TIA Board
- Martin elected CEO of ITHF
- New BNPPO website to enhance user experience
- Egyptians and Brits dominate FISU Squash